The IWF has the following objectives:
- Promote professional networking, resources, and opportunities;
- Support community projects and other philanthropic endeavours;
- Organize meetings with speakers with significant personal experiences;
- Promote guided cultural visits;
- Organize excursions around the city and in the region; and
- Organize meetings for cultural and linguistic exchanges.
The Board members of the IWF are elected by IWF members during the May Monthly meeting in a ‘Assemblea Ordinaria’ and are appointed for a period of 3 years.
The Board meets on a monthly basis (excluding the summer months) to monitor progress on its objectives, make decisions and plan for the future. If you have an issue that you would like discussed at a Board meeting, please email our secretary (details below).
In addition to the elected Board positions there are several Volunteer Leadership roles that are not actual elected board positions but are key in supporting the Board.
For specific enquiries, please email one of our Board members or Volunteer Leadership members whose profiles and details are listed below. We would love to hear from you!