Why join us:
Becoming a member of the IWF is worthwhile!
- Regular members are entitled to attend all general meetings, social events, and interest group activities,
- they receive the “IWF Weekly News Flash” e-mail,
- and have full access to the online community, which includes
- read and post messages in our Forum 2.0, including the boards “Jobs & Community Service” and “IWF Marketplace”,
- visit the interest group areas,
- browse the membership directory,
- discover Bologna in a 1-hour virtual video tour with the well-known Bologna tour guide Anna Brini,
- download copies of current and past IWF Weekly News Flashs.
How to join us:
Becoming a member of the IWF is simple!
- Choose the membership option that best applies to you.
- Pay the corresponding annual fee.
- Register yourself by completing the registration form (find the button at the bottom of this page).
- Have some patience while we review your request.
1. Membership options
The IWF has created a series of membership options designed to meet the needs of our friends both in Bologna and far away. Visitors are welcome to attend their first general meeting or interest group activity free of charge, also to provide them with an opportunity to get to know us before becoming members.
Regular members have full access to the online community and are entitled to attend all general meetings, social events, and interest group activities. They receive the “IWF Weekly News Flash” e-mail which summarizes the upcoming events and fresh news.
*Only regular members are permitted to vote and hold board position.
This membership is for people living outside of the greater Bologna area or out of the country, who wish to support the IWF. Supporting members have full access to the online community, receive the weekly News Flash, and are welcome to attend general meetings for a drop-in fee of €5.
Institutional members enjoy full access to the online community, including the membership directory and Forum 2.0, where employment or housing opportunities may be posted. In addition, each institutional member is entitled to send two attendees to each general meeting, a privilege which is meant to be circulated among the institution’s employees, members, or students.
Student members (with proof of full-time student status) enjoy the same benefits as regular members, other than the right to vote or serve on the board.
New members joining us for the first time, late in the social year between March 1 and June 30, can take advantage of our Partial-Year Membership option at the reduced fee of €40. Partial-Year Members who join us between March 1 and June 30, enjoy the same benefits as Regular Members for the rest of that same fiscal year ending on June 30.
Formal membership in the IWF requires payment of annual dues in support of the organization. Dues are used to cover the operating expenses of the IWF.
The IWF fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30. Annual dues are collected via wire transfer (bonifico bancario), PayPal or credit or debit card. Memberships from the previous year remain active until at least the second meeting of the social year (October).
Bonifico bancario are sent to our account with the Banca di Bologna bank:
- Beneficiario: International Womens Forum of Bologna
- Causale: Your first name Your last name, Membership option
- Codice IBAN: IT80 J088 8302 4010 1600 0162 578
- Codice BIC: CCRTIT2TBDB
Please double check to make sure your wire transfer is labeled correctly with the account name (“Beneficiario”) and IBAN details written as indicated above. We recommend to copy and paste the IBAN.
PayPal: International Women’s Forum Bologna is the title to find us on PayPal. You may send us your dues via PayPal account or by credit and /or debit card by using the “Donate” button or scan the QR code below and follow the instructions.
Please send an e-mail to the IWF treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that you have just commissioned the payment. Please indicate your first and last names as well as the membership option you chose.
3. Now it's time to register yourself!
And what's next?
Upon receipt we will activate your account and notify you via e-mail.
You are then officially registered as an IWF member and can access the reserved areas of this website.