Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Welcome to the IWF News Flash. This page is regularly updated and a link is sent to IWF members via e-mail. Member to member announcements can be posted anytime on the IWF on-line forums. Follow these simple instructions to post your message.
It's time to clean out your wardrobe and get ready to swish! On Thursday, April 23rd, the IWF will be holding its second swish/swap clothing exchange following the success of last year's charity event. Members are invited to bring articles of clothing that they no longer wear and will have the opportunity to browse and try on items brought by other women. The event will take place in the Palazzina of Centro delle Donne, with social greetings and set-up beginning at 7:30pm. At 8pm, the IWF will welcome artist and fellow member, Maria Moscato, who will introduce her clothing line, Mia Luna, and speak briefly about the launch of the book, Made in Bologna, which she collaborated on. Immediately following the talk, browsing and swapping of clothing will begin. All leftover articles will be donated to the Associazione Orlando charity.
Mark your calendar for the May Monthly Meeting, which is scheduled to take place on Thursday, May 21st. Details will be posted soon.
From the Board of Directors: Contact Us
- Did you know that you can now save IWF events and Interest Group activities to your personal calendar? Just look for the "Save to Calendar" button on the individual Event and Interest Group pages.
- Check out the new IWF Forum! You'll find all the same features as the old version with a great, mobile-friendly new look. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We welcome your suggestions for speakers for future IWF events. Please write to email@example.com
Would you like to take part in one of our interest groups during the upcoming social year? Interest groups are a great way of meeting other IWF members and making new contacts within our group. Contact the Membership Team for more details, or contact the individual group leaders:
- Runners & Walkers-next activity will be posted soon
- Professional Network-stay tuned for next activity
- Coffee Morning-weekly meetings take place Wednesdays at 10:30am at Caffe' delle Sette Chiese
- Culture Club-guided visit of Palazzo Milzetti in Faenza planned for April 25th at 11am
- Job Bank-full-time English teacher needed in Carpi
- Book Club-read Ashenden by W. Somerset Maugham for the next meeting on April 28th at 8pm
- Ramblers-stay tuned for next excursion
- Diners Club-next dinner outing will take place at Quanto Basta on May 5th at 8:30pm (SOLD OUT)
- Language XChange-enjoy outdoor conversation at the Giardini Margherita on April 27th at 1pm
- TTT-next activity will be posted soon
- Kocktailklatsch-stay tuned for next aperitivo
- Community Service-resources and ideas available for those interested in volunteering
- Film Fans-watch Mamma Roma on May 15th at 8pm
On the Forums
IWF Professional Network > Events in Bologna and Surrounding Areas > Travel and Transportation > Eating Out > In the Kitchen > The Italian Paper Trail > Services in Bologna > Kid’s Corner > MemberBlog > I’m looking for… > Househunters > Buy Sell and Share