Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Welcome to the IWF News Flash. This page is regularly updated and a link is sent to IWF members via e-mail. Member to member announcements can be posted anytime on the IWF on-line forums. Follow these simple instructions to post your message.
The October Monthly Meeting will take place this Thursday, October 23rd at Oratorio di Santa Cecilia (via Zamboni, 15). The talk will feature author Francelle Bradford White, who will discuss her new book "Andrée's War", which details her mother's exploits in the French Resistance during WWII. Copies of the book will be available for purchase and proceeds will go to The Andrée Griotteray White Charitable Trust, which was established in the name of the author's mother to fund research for Alzheimer's disease, which she has been suffering from for several years. Please meet outside the entrance on via Zamboni at 7:30pm and no later than 7:55pm as the doors will be closed at that time and it will no longer be possible to enter the Oratorio. A no-host aperitivo will follow the talk at Caffe Masini (via degli Orefici).
Save the date for the November Monthly Meeting, scheduled to take place on Thursday, November 20th. Stay tuned for additional details.
From the Board of Directors: Contact Us
- Membership dues for the 2014-2015 social year may now be paid in cash to any Board Member or Interest Group Leader, to the Treasurer during the October Monthly Meeting, or by bank transfer (see Membership page for details). Regular membership is 50 euros.
- New Interest Group Leader is needed for Professional Network. If interested, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have not already done so, please send in a digital, uncropped photo of yourself for the IWF Member Directory: email@example.com
Would you like to take part in one of our interest groups during the upcoming social year? Interest groups are a great way of meeting other IWF members and making new contacts within our group. Contact the Membership Team for more details, or contact the individual group leaders:
- Runners & Walkers-next run will be posted soon
- Professional Network-please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in leading this group
- Coffee Morning-join new leader, Katherine Purdy, at Les Pupitres on Tuesdays at 10:30am
- Culture Club-visit the Museo della Tappezzeria di Villa Spada on November 9th at 11am
- Job Bank-opportunities available for a corporate training tutor and a private English teacher for children
- Book Club-read Lost for Words by Edward St. Aubryn for the next meeting on October 28th at 8pm.
- Ramblers-stay tuned for next hiking adventure
- Diners Club-enjoy Middle Eastern specialties at Pars on November 4th at 8:30pm
- Language XChange-sign up on the forum if you are interested in finding a language partner
- TTT-Halloween party scheduled to take place at Spazio Zoo on October 25th at 4:30pm
- Kocktailklatsch-next aperitivo will be posted soon
- Community Service-the Volabo organization will be offering a course on crowdfunding in November
- Film Fans-screening of L'Avventura planned for this Friday has been CANCELLED and rescheduled for November 7th at 8pm
On the Forums
IWF Professional Network > Events in Bologna and Surrounding Areas > Travel and Transportation > Eating Out > In the Kitchen > The Italian Paper Trail > Services in Bologna > Kid’s Corner > MemberBlog > I’m looking for… > Househunters > Buy Sell and Share