Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Welcome to the IWF News Flash. This page is regularly updated and a link is sent to IWF members via e-mail. Member to member announcements can be posted anytime on the IWF on-line forums. Follow these simple instructions to post your message.
It's time to kick off the 2014-2015 Social Year! Join the IWF for a guided visit of the Pinacoteca National Gallery (Via delle Belle Arti, 56) on Thursday, September 25th at 6:45pm. Depending on the number of attendees, the group will be divided and visit the gallery in three staggered time slots. Join your fellow members afterwards for a chance to socialize and enjoy a no-host aperitivo nearby (location to be announced). Space is limited to 75 participants on a first come first served basis, and members may bring female guests to introduce to the IWF. SIGN UP now on the forum.
From the Board of Directors: Contact Us
- Membership dues for the 2014-2015 social year may now be paid in cash to any Board Member or Interest Group Leader, to the Treasurer during the September Kick-off Social Event, or by bank transfer (see Membership page for details). Regular membership is 50 euros.
- The editor of Vox@Bo is now accepting submissions for the next edition. The theme is entitled "The 3 R's: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle". Articles may be sent to email@example.com by September 25th.
- If you have not already done so, please send in a digital, uncropped photo of yourself for the IWF Member Directory: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to take part in one of our interest groups during the upcoming social year? Interest groups are a great way of meeting other IWF members and making new contacts within our group. Contact the Membership Team for more details, or contact the individual group leaders:
- Runners & Walkers-next run will be posted soon
- Professional Network-please contact email@example.com if you are interested in leading this group
- Coffee Morning-weekly meetings take place on Tuesdays at 10:30am at the cafè inside Palazzo Pepoli during the month of September
- Culture Club-details about next cultural event, scheduled to take place in October, will be posted soon
- Job Bank-private English teacher for children needed in Casalecchio
- Book Club-read The Blood of Others by Simone de Beauvoir for the next meeting on September 30th at 8:30pm
- Ramblers-hike scheduled for October 11th-12th through Via degli Dei
- Diners Club-next dinner outing will be posted soon
- Language XChange-sign up on the forum if you are interested in finding a language partner
- TTT-recycling and craft themed workshop for kids 3 and up will take place at the Giardino di Lavinia Fontana on September 21st at 4pm
- Kocktailklatsch-stay tuned for next aperitivo
- Community Service-training course for volunteers who want to help children in the hospital begins in October
- Film Fans-check back soon for next film
On the Forums
IWF Professional Network > Events in Bologna and Surrounding Areas > Travel and Transportation > Eating Out > In the Kitchen > The Italian Paper Trail > Services in Bologna > Kid’s Corner > MemberBlog > I’m looking for… > Househunters > Buy Sell and Share