Monday, May 25, 2015
Welcome to the IWF News Flash. This page is regularly updated and a link is sent to IWF members via e-mail. Member to member announcements can be posted anytime on the IWF on-line forums. Follow these simple instructions to post your message.
Join us this Thursday, May 28th for the May Monthly Meeting and Assemblea Generale, where we will have the chance to look back on the social year, elect next year's Board Members and enjoy an elegant aperitivo with light refreshments and drinks in the beautiful setting of the Grand Hotel Majestic ex Baglioni (Via Indipendenza, 8). The meeting will commence promptly at 7:30pm, at which time members will be asked to cast their votes. Please note that the IWF will be making a donation to Amici dei Bambini, a non for profit organization, to be put toward supporting children affected by the recent earthquake in Nepal, and a collection box will be available for those who wish to contribute to this cause.
Save the date for the annual June Picnic, which is scheduled to take place on Sunday, June 7th. More details to follow.
From the Board of Directors: Contact Us
- Membership dues for the 2015-2016 social year may now be paid in cash to any Board Member or Interest Group Leader, to the Treasurer during the May Monthly Meeting, or by bank transfer (see Membership page for details). Take advantage of the Early Bird special, which is 45 euros for regular members until June 30th.
- The editor of Vox@Bo is now accepting submissions for the next edition. The theme is entitled "The Lazy Days of Summer". Articles may be sent to email@example.com by May 31st.
- We welcome your suggestions for speakers for future IWF events. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to take part in one of our interest groups during the upcoming social year? Interest groups are a great way of meeting other IWF members and making new contacts within our group. Contact the Membership Team for more details, or contact the individual group leaders:
- Runners & Walkers-next activity will be posted soon
- Professional Network-stay tuned for next activity
- Coffee Morning-weekly meetings take place Wednesdays at 10:30am at Caffe' delle Sette Chiese
- Culture Club-stay tuned for next activity
- Job Bank-full-time English teacher needed in Carpi
- Book Club-read School Blues by Daniel Pennac for the next meeting on June 11th
- Ramblers-hike to Monte Sole postponed until May 31st at 10:30am due to the weather
- Diners Club-last dinner before the summer will take place at Molo 3 on June 3rd at 8:30pm
- Language XChange-stay tuned for next activity
- TTT-next activity will be posted soon
- Kocktailklatsch-last aperitivo before the summer will take place on the rooftop terrace of Hotel Touring on May 26th at 6:30pm
- Community Service-volunteers needed for the Festival del Turismo Responsabile
- Film Fans-stay tuned for last film before the summer
On the Forums
IWF Professional Network > Events in Bologna and Surrounding Areas > Travel and Transportation > Eating Out > In the Kitchen > The Italian Paper Trail > Services in Bologna > Kid’s Corner > MemberBlog > I’m looking for… > Househunters > Buy Sell and Share