Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Welcome to the IWF News Flash. This page is regularly updated and a link is sent to IWF members via e-mail. Member to member announcements can be posted anytime on the IWF on-line forums. Follow these simple instructions to post your message.
For the Kick-off Event on Thursday, September 22nd, we will have a night of art at the working studio of the artist collective Antonello Ghezzi and Amandine Samyn, where we will preview their exhibit planned for Bologna Design Week 2016. Located on the first floor of the Palazzina Libertà in the heart of Giardini Margherita, we can enjoy an aperitivo on the terraces overlooking the park. Social greetings will start at 7:30pm. An entry fee of 5 euros, as well as membership dues, will be collected. There will also be an Assemblea Ordinaria for the treasury report, which will be provided by the IWF auditors.
Save the date for the October Monthly Meeting, scheduled for Thursday, October 20th, during which author and former Johns Hopkins SAIS student, Katherine Wilson, will talk about her new book Only in Naples: Lessons in Food and Famiglia from my Italian Mother-in-Law, which was BBC national radio's Book of the Week in June 2016. The meeting, which is a joint event with JHU SAIS, will be held in the penthouse at Johns Hopkins University (Via Belmeloro, 11) with social greetings starting at 7:15pm in the downstairs bar and the talk commencing promptly at 8pm.
From the Board of Directors: Contact Us
- The editor of Vox@Bo is accepting submissions for the upcoming Bologna-themed edition. Send your articles to email@example.com by September 30th.
- Membership dues for the 2016-2017 social year are currently being accepted. Dues may be paid in cash to the Treasurer during the September event or by bank transfer (see Membership page for details). Please note that board members and Interest Group leaders will no longer be collecting payments. Regular membership is 50 euros.
- If you have not already done so, please send in a digital, uncropped photo of yourself for the IWF Member Directory: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to take part in one of our interest groups during the upcoming social year? Interest groups are a great way of meeting other IWF members and making new contacts within our group. Contact the Membership Team for more details, or contact the individual group leaders:
- Runners & Walkers-next activity will be posted soon
- Professional Network-meeting about work/life balance and stress management planned for September 28th at 6:30pm (note the change of date)
- Coffee Morning-meets weekly at Caffe' delle Sette Chiese on Wednesdays at 10:30am; contact email@example.com if you would like to be the new group leader
- Culture Club-stay tuned for next activity
- Job Bank-job opportunities can be found on the forum
- Book Club-read Auto da Fe' by Elias Canetti for the next meeting on September 29th at 8pm
- Ramblers-next activity will be posted soon
- Diners Club-stay tuned for next activity
- Language XChange-next activity will be posted soon
- TTT-stay tuned for next activity
- Kocktailklatsch-next activity will be posted soon
- Community Service-contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be the new group leader
- Film Fans-save the date for a movie screening on October 14th at 8pm
On the Forums
IWF Job Bank > Events in Bologna and Surrounding Areas > Travel and Transportation > Eating Out > In the Kitchen > The Italian Paper Trail > Services in Bologna > Kid’s Corner > MemberBlog > I’m looking for… >Househunters > Buy Sell and Share