Monday, April 24, 2017
Welcome to the IWF News Flash. This page is regularly updated and a link is sent to IWF members via e-mail. Member to member announcements can be posted anytime on the IWF on-line forums. Follow these simple instructions to post your message.
The May General Meeting & Assemblea Ordinaria is scheduled for Thursday, May 18th at the Centro delle Donne, via del Piombo, 5. Social greetings will begin at 7:15pm followed by the Assemblea Ordinaria at 8pm and finally a presentation by IWF-sponsored Fulbright Scholar Candice Whitney regarding her research on refugee and immigrant communities in Bologna. Please see the May events page for the Assemblea agenda.
From the Board of Directors: Contact Us.
- As we approach the spring-summer season, its time to consider renewing your membership for the 2017/2018 year. Its not too early, in fact register before June 30th for the early bird special of 45euros for regular membership. Consider renewing your membership at the next meeting in cash or online, see membership for payment instructions.
Would you like to take part in one of our interest groups during the upcoming social year? Interest groups are a great way of meeting other IWF members and making new contacts within our group. Contact the Membership Team for more details, or contact the individual group leaders:
- Runners & Walkers- stay tuned for upcoming events
- Professional Network- next meeting posted soon
- Coffee Morning- meets weekly at Pappare' (via dei Giudei, 2) on Wednesdays at 10:30am
- Culture Club - next meeting posted soon
- Job Bank-job opportunities can be found on the forum
- Book Club- is reading "Why this World. A Biography by Clarice Lispector" by Benjamin Moser this month, time and date for this meeting will be posted shortly
- Ramblers- stay tuned for upcoming events
- Diners Club- next meeeting posted soon
- Language XChange-meets Wednesday, May 3rd at 1pm Osteria del Mercato (San Gervasio 1/e)
- TTT-stay tuned for updates
- Kocktailklatsch- meeting Thursday, April 27th at 7pm at Le Stanze (via an Borgo del Pietro 1)
- Community Service- fundraising for mental health, see www.bit.ly/jonandjohn
- Film Fans- next film meeting posted soon
- Burraco Club- stay tuned for the next event
On the Forums
IWF Job Bank > Events in Bologna and Surrounding Areas > Travel and Transportation > Eating Out > In the Kitchen > The Italian Paper Trail > Services in Bologna > Kid’s Corner > MemberBlog > I’m looking for… >Househunters > Buy Sell and Share