Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Welcome to the IWF News Flash. This page is regularly updated and a link is sent to IWF members via e-mail. Member to member announcements can be posted anytime on the IWF on-line forums. Follow these simple instructions to post your message.
We are delighted to welcome back Giacomo ‘Peldi’ Guilizzoni as our speaker for the November Monthly Meeting, scheduled to take place this Thursday, November 20th. Peldi is the founder and CEO of Balsamiq, a software company that dominates its niche globally but acts like a small artisanal old-school Italian business. His talk will be entitled Start your own thing: becoming a woman entrepreneur in Italy. The meeting will be held in the Aula Magna of Centro delle Donne (Via del Piombo, 5) with social greetings starting at 7:15pm and the speaker beginning promptly at 8pm. The presentation will be followed by a no-host aperitivo at Osteria La Fontana (Via Fondazza, 83).
Mark your calendars for the December Social Event, scheduled to take place on Friday, December 12th. Stay tuned for additional details.
From the Board of Directors: Contact Us
- Remember to pay your Membership dues by November 30th for the 2014-2015 social year. After this deadline, members who have not renewed will be deactivated from the IWF website and forum. Dues may be paid in cash to the Treasurer during the November Monthly Meeting, any Board Member or Interest Group Leader, or by bank transfer (see Membership page for details). Regular membership is 50 euros.
- The editor of Vox@Bo is now accepting submissions for the next edition. The theme is entitled "Taking Care of Business". Articles may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15th.
- Which charity would you like to see the IWF make a donation to with proceeds from the upcoming December Social Event? Submit your ideas here.
Would you like to take part in one of our interest groups during the upcoming social year? Interest groups are a great way of meeting other IWF members and making new contacts within our group. Contact the Membership Team for more details, or contact the individual group leaders:
- Runners & Walkers-runs of varying lengths scheduled to take place throughout November and December
- Professional Network-stay tuned for upcoming events
- Coffee Morning-weekly meetings take place Tuesdays at 10:30am at Les Pupitres
- Culture Club-visit the Museo della Memoria di Ustica on November 29th at 4pm
- Job Bank-English teacher needed for 10 year old
- Book Club-read The Immortal Life of Henrietta by Rebecca Skloot for the next meeting on November 25th
- Ramblers-stay tuned for next hiking adventure
- Diners Club-next dinner outing will be posted soon
- Language XChange-sign up on the forum if you are interested in finding a language partner
- TTT-stay tuned for next activity
- Kocktailklatsch-next aperitivo will be posted soon
- Community Service-English-speaking volunteer needed to evaluate exchange program candidates on December 1st
- Film Fans-watch La Notte on November 21st at 8pm
On the Forums
IWF Professional Network > Events in Bologna and Surrounding Areas > Travel and Transportation > Eating Out > In the Kitchen > The Italian Paper Trail > Services in Bologna > Kid’s Corner > MemberBlog > I’m looking for… > Househunters > Buy Sell and Share