Tuesday, February 02, 2016
Welcome to the IWF News Flash. This page is regularly updated and a link is sent to IWF members via e-mail. Member to member announcements can be posted anytime on the IWF on-line forums. Follow these simple instructions to post your message.
The February Monthly Meeting, which will take place on Thursday, February 25th, will feature two internationally-known designers: American bag designer, Tonya Hawkes, and English shoe designer, Deborah Baker. Both speakers will share their experiences connected with running their businesses in Bologna. The meeting will be held in the Aula Magna of Centro delle Donne with social greetings starting at 7:15pm and the talk commencing promptly at 8pm. A no-host aperitivo will follow the meeting at Osteria La Fontana.
From the Board of Directors: Contact Us
- Do you enjoy writing, even if it's just an occasional hobby? In honor of the 100th edition of the IWF newsletter, the Vox@Bo editor will be forming a brand new committee of members who are interested in becoming regular contributors to a specific column or section of the newsletter, which is published four times per year. Those who would like to participate or who have additional questions may contact Heather Hammond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have not already done so, please send in a digital, uncropped photo of yourself for the IWF Member Directory: email@example.com
- We welcome your suggestions for speakers for future IWF events. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Runners & Walkers-upcoming runs/walks will be posted soon
- Professional Network-business start-up initiatives will be discussed at Fleur du Vin on February 16th at 6:30pm
- Coffee Morning-weekly meetings take place at Colazione da Bianca on Wednesdays at 10:30am
- Culture Club-tour two hidden palaces in the city center of Bologna on February 13th at 10am
- Job Bank-job opportunities can now be found on the forum and will no longer be posted on the website
- Book Club-read Do No Harm by Henry Marsh for the next meeting on February 18th at 8:30pm
- Ramblers-weekend hike along via dei Dei and Parco di Monte Sole planned for April 9th-10th
- Diners Club-eat at E' Cucina Leopardi on February 11th at 8pm
- Language XChange-meet for multilingual conversation over lunch at Opera e Tulipani on February 12th at 1pm
- TTT-bring your 0-3 year-old children for a play session and moms' coffee at Sala Bebe in the Sala Borsa this Friday at 10am
- Kocktailklatsch-no-host aperitivo planned at the alternative La 4a Baracchina on February 3rd at 7pm
- Community Service-resources and ideas available for those interested in volunteering
- Film Fans-next movie screening planned for February 19th
Would you like to take part in one of our interest groups during the upcoming social year? Interest groups are a great way of meeting other IWF members and making new contacts within our group. Contact the Membership Team for more details, or contact the individual group leaders:
On the Forums
IWF Job Bank > Events in Bologna and Surrounding Areas > Travel and Transportation > Eating Out > In the Kitchen > The Italian Paper Trail > Services in Bologna > Kid’s Corner > MemberBlog > I’m looking for… > Househunters > Buy Sell and Share